CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Haystacks

I'm not sure how healthy this is but I feel healthy when I am eating it because of all the veggies... does that count?

Rice (as much as you need depending on your family size)
1 pkg. Chicken- cubed
Lemon Pepper
1 Green Pepper- diced
1 Tomato- diced
Green Onion- chopped
Chow Mein Noodles
Pineapple Tid-bits
Olives
Celery, chopped

Gravy:
1 can Chicken Broth
2 cans Cream of Chicken

Cook rice. Cook chicken and season with anything you want, I use Lemon Pepper. Mix the gravy together and heat. It makes a LOT of sauce. I usually just freeze 1/2 can of the broth (dumped into a freezer bag) to be used at another time so that makes it easier to 1/2 the recipe.

Add any of these toppings, and any others that you can think of... this recipe and picture are from my sister's recipe blog but we usually add more veggies-- broccoli, carrots, cucumber etc... And I can't find the noodles here in Canada so we don't even put those on there.

1 comments:

Jamie Hirtle
This comment has been removed by the author.

Post a Comment