CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 2, 2009

Spanish Rice- Main Dish


This is another recipe from my sister and we eat it at least twice a month. This is her picture-- we don't put sour cream on it or that much cheese! Not sure that it is completely "Mexican" but it is sooooooo tasty! Mmmm.... now I want some for dinner tonight! It makes A TON!! Like you could feed an army with it! So either 1/2 the recipe or freeze some for later. I have started buying those aluminum square tin things with the little lids (they look like square versions of the cafe rio tins and lids). Anyway, when I have a huge recipe like this I put half in one of those tins, label it, and freeze it so that one night when I am busy I already have a good meal that I can use for dinner.

1 lb. Hamburger
1 Large Onion- chopped
1 Large Green Pepper
28 oz can Tomatoes- diced (undrained)
1 C. Water
1 C. Rice
1 T. Brown Sugar
1 T. Worcestershire Sauce
1 t. Salt
1 t. Chili Pepper
1 can Corn (undrained)
1 can Kidney Beans (drained)


Toppings:
Tortilla Chips
Sliced Olives
Green Onions- Sliced
Grated Cheese
Sour Cream


Brown beef with onions and green pepper. Drain. Stir in the rest of the ingredients. Cover and simmer 30 minutes, until rice is done and liquid is absorbed.
Serve on a bed of tortilla chips (lime chips are my favorite) and sprinkle with desired toppings.

0 comments:

Post a Comment