CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The Newey's call them "Cranberry Relish", I just call em "Cranberries"

This is a Day Family secret recipe...passed through the generations...only blood relatives know it...only the cool relatives know it...but Liz did say I should post it, so I guess I have to break some rules, deceive my family, and share some secrets so here it is!


(Oh and I don't have it written down and have only made them a few times and only at Thanksgiving so I hope I can remember right...)


- 1 bag fresh cranberries
- 1 orange - un-peeled but with the end's with the stemmy parts cut off (you can slice it if you want for easier blending, but keep the peel on!)
- 1 cup of sugar
-Throw it all in a blender with a little bit of water - a few teaspoons and blend into a nice pulp, add more water if needed. The consistency should be fairly thick, no one likes runny cranberries!


I'm kidding about the secrecy by the way, they're not that great (but they are good, better than canned cranberries) and I know no one cares if it is shared.

0 comments:

Post a Comment